The KAU Department of Theoretical Cybernetics and Methods of Optimal Control is based at the V.M. Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of the NAS of Ukraine.
The department provides Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD programs in the field of mathematical and information technologies (IT) and prepares students to work in such areas as:
• theory and methods of systems analysis, mathematical modeling, optimization and artificial intelligence (AI);
• advanced systems of mathematical support of general and applied purpose;
• development of new information technologies and intelligent systems;
• solving fundamental and applied problems of informatization of society.
The Department collaborates with the Institutes of the Cybernetic Center of the NAS of Ukraine, such companies as Philips (Netherlands), Starpoint Solutions (USA), Sayberviznh, TopSpin, VTB 24, Micron (Russia) and others. As evidence of the scientific and technical level of the results of students of the Department can be noted the 1st place of the author project consisting of Olexander Taraimovich, Yurii Pogrebnyak, Vasil Ruzov, Ksenia Taraimovich at the Imagine Cup 2014, organized with the support of Microsoft.
Such students of the Department as Stanislav Vonog, Taras Kushko and Konstiantyn Zhereb won the international competition of projects “Imagine Cup” (2005 - Brazil, 2nd place, 2006 - Japan, 1st place).
The results of research and developments were demonstrated at exhibitions and scientific conferences such as the International Exhibition of Information and Telecommunication Technologies “CeBIT” - 2007-2014 (Hannover - Germany), Exhibitions GOSZAKAZ 2014, VUZPROMEXPO 2014, MAX 2013, 2015:
• Workflow Review System for the Electronic School of Physics and Technology;
• PLE SIMLearn – personal competence oriented eLearning and blended learning system;
• Innovative Educational Technology Based on Virtual Storytelling;
• Social network for support of a healthy way of life.